Sunday, December 1, 2013

Teaser from PERFECTLY ABLE, Chapter 1

Here's a little teaser from Chapter 1 of PERFECTLY ABLE:

   “How was your swim?” she asked as I sat at the picnic table.
   “Awesome. How’s your book?”
   “It sucks.”
   “It does?”
   She nodded, her sky-blue eyes peering at me over the top of the book. “The main character’s boyfriend just died.”
   “Ouch. Succumbed to a disease?  Injured in a car wreck?  Devoured by a man-eating shark?”
   “She killed him.”
   “That’s not good.”
   “Actually, that’s the good part. He was an a**.”
   “Then why did you say it sucked?”
   “Because she got caught.”
   I chuckled, thinking maybe I should thank London for taking the bullets. “Remind me not to piss you off this week.”  I scanned the scenery. “There’re way too many places here to dispose of a body.”
She lowered the book to her lap, shooting me a mischievous grin. “It’s good for a man to feel a little fear.”
   “Should I sleep with my door locked tonight?”
   Her smile widened. “You should sleep with your door locked every night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment